Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Seeing Red - and loving it!

It is January in Northwest Georgia....so it might be a littler hard to answer, but do you know what this is?












 

 
 
No, you have not just awakened from hibernation to discover it is June...... 











 
 
 
Yes, I had a fresh, juicy, firm, vine-ripened, mouth-watering tomato sandwich for lunch!

How is this possible? Did the grocery stores suddenly find something besides a ROMA tomato that tastes good and has that great vine-ripened texture in the winter? Did they finally find something besides cherry or grape tomatoes that burst with juice and flavor? NO - we are all still waiting for that miracle!




I got my 10 pound bag of tomatoes from an unconventional source.......one of our family favorite restaurants. When we had dinner there on Sunday, I couldn't help but notice how delicious their tomatoes were. So delicious, that I wanted to snitch them off the plates of unsuspecting diners around me and take them home - for a BLT!

Rather than risk being jailed over a slice of tomato (although it might have been worth it) I instead asked the manager if I could purchase some from him he said yes - at an incredible price I might add. I would have cost me more for sad, tasteless grainy tomatoes in the local grocery store.




So for today, I had a little bit of sunshine on a wet, grey day - a fresh tomato sandwich on soft bread, slathered with mayonaise!

How was your lunch?

Thank for visiting today, I hope that you and your family have the opportunity to enjoy a family meal together tonight. You can e-mail, call or visit my website at MondayGourmet.com to purchase the products. To quickly find a product mentioned in my blog, click shopping on the left side of the page and then type the product name or number in the search box located at the top right corner of the new page.

Until next time,
enjoy a meal with your family!
4-Star Leader - Country Gourmet Home
Field Editor - Taste of Home

All content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.MondayGourmet.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to link back to this blog. Please do not post entire recipes, menu plans, tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...